Discovery – Featured
Women In Resources Awards finalists revealed for 2021
The Chamber of Minerals and Energy of Western Australia (CME) is delighted to announce the 18 finalists for the 2021 Women In Resources Awards.
Each year, WIRA recognises the power of gender diversity in the WA mining and resources sector.
CME received more than 80 nominations for this year’s awards and the strong quality of entries is reflected by the finalists, who represent mining and oil and gas operations around WA and take in a diverse range of fields and roles.
There are also three finalists in the outstanding company initiative category.
The 2021 WIRA presentation dinner will be held at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre on March 5.
For more information, visit https://wira.net.au/
The 2021 finalists are as follows:
Women in Resources Champion
- Peter Bennett – CEO and Managing Director, Clough
- Mhairi Cameron – West Angelas Fixed Plant Manager, Rio Tinto
- Rebecca Prain – General Manager, Cube Consulting
Outstanding Woman in Resources
- Sara Braund – VP Digital Technology, South32
- Natasha Hendrick – Principal Geophysicist, Santos
- Yvette Manolas – Asset Manager Pluto, Woodside Energy
Outstanding Young Woman in Resources
- Stephanie Graskoski – Mining Consultant, Resolve Mining Solutions
- Pooja Haria – Reliability Engineer, Solomon, Fortescue Metals Group
- Kristen Pelc – Principal Commercial, South32
Outstanding Operator/Technician/Trade Woman in Resources
- Laura Allen – Process Owner, Woodside Energy
- Linda Deverell – Mine Production Controller and Crew Trainer, Thiess Pty Ltd
- Georgie Feakes – Production Technician, Chevron
Women in Resources Technological Innovation Award
- Christine Fahl – Senior Consultant Process Development Engineer, Alcoa of Australia
- Michelle Keegan – Program Director Technology Development, South32
- Alison Van Lent – Commercialisation Manager, Woodside Energy
Outstanding Company Initiative
- The Prospects Program, Alcoa of Australia
- Office Creche & Family Friendly Workspaces (Perth & Newman), BHP
- Gender Equality Plan, Clough