Office Manager / Executive Assistant
The Office Manager / Executive Assistant will primarily be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of The Chamber of Minerals and Energy of Western Australia (CME) office. This role will provide professional and confidential executive and administrative support to ManEx (Management Executive team), led by CME’s Chief Executive Officer.
This role is a 12 month fixed term maternity cover position, working full-time in Perth’s CBD.
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the CEO, you will:
- Provide professional and confidential executive and administrative support.
- Diary management including coordinating appointments and scheduling meetings.
- Prepare supporting documentation in advance of meetings including agenda papers.
- The primary point of contact between CME and IT providers.
- Ensure IT requirements for CME staff are in place and manage IT issues/projects.
- Use CME’s Client Relationship Management (CRM) system – managing subscriptions and memberships.
- Onboarding of new members and membership renewal.
- Coordination of CME events as required i.e. AGM, staff events.
- The primary point of contact between CME and building management.
- Book training courses for staff and maintain the register.
- Coordinate, conduct, and maintain CME staff induction process.
- Meet and greet visitors and ensure they are looked after professionally.
- Prepare credit card statements for ManEx.
- Provide back-up for the Receptionist and Administration Assistant, who report to this role.
- Coordinate and manage travel arrangements for ManEx (when applicable).
What are we looking for in you?
- 7+ years’ experience managing an office and providing high-level executive support to senior executives and management.
- Experience developing, streamlining and improving administrative systems, processes, and procedures.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and a high level of interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management, planning, and organisational skills.
- Experience preparing agendas, minute taking, and meeting procedures.
- Experience managing administration staff.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and solve problems.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Professionalism, maturity, and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Willingness and ability to work collaboratively with staff across the organisation.
- Proficient with information and communication technologies including Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, data management, and other applications.
Who are we?
CME is the peak advocacy body for the resources sector in Western Australia. We are a proud, member-funded, not-for-profit organisation that represents the views and the needs of our members and provide an avenue for members and stakeholders to collaborate. CME leads policy development and advocates on the issues impacting the sector.
At CME our people are important to us. We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive and collaborative working environment, with exciting opportunities for ongoing professional development.
If this sounds like this is the job for you, APPLY HERE, submit your resume and a brief cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
Please note: While we appreciate your time in applying for this role, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.