State Manager – Regional WA
The Chamber of Minerals and Energy of Western Australia is the peak advocacy body for the resources sector in WA. We are a proud, member-funded, not-for-profit organisation that represents the views and the needs of our members and provide an avenue for members and stakeholders to collaborate. CME leads policy development and advocates on the issues impacting the sector.
At CME our people are important to us. We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive and collaborative working environment, with exciting opportunities for ongoing professional development.
Based in Perth’s CBD, the State Manager – Regional WA is primarily accountable for representing the resources sector’s contribution in regional Western Australia. Leading the CME Regional WA team, this role will ensure the effective management of regional initiatives, in line with CME’s strategic objectives.
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Director – Policy and Advocacy, you will:
- In consultation with the CME executive, members and key stakeholders, take the lead in coordinating CME’s regional strategy, including defining priorities and developing work plans to effectively position the WA resources sector’s contribution in its host communities.
- Accountable for the delivery of collaborative, regular and targeted engagement and communications activities by the Regional team to promote the sector’s value proposition, participation in, and contribution across regional WA.
- Manage CME’s Regional team in the facilitation of advocacy, policy and issues management, and the ongoing management of regional programs and industry initiatives, ensuring alignment and effectiveness to the Regional strategy.
- Build and maintain cooperative relationships with regionally-based stakeholders, including all levels of government, non-government and community representatives, aligned to areas of shared priority and purpose.
- Establish measures that create awareness and momentum behind the industry’s contribution to regional WA.
- Work closely with CME’s Communication and Campaigns team to generate engaging content to raise the profile and increase awareness of the sector’s contribution to regional WA; periodically evaluating success.
- Contribute to CME internal publications, and external-facing publications as required.
- Working in collaboration with Portfolio Managers and their Standing Committees, identify and monitor developments in policy portfolio issues that affect industry and key stakeholders in regional WA; developing response plans as required.
- As part of the Policy and Advocacy team, proactively contribute to the management of general risks and issues affecting the sector.
What are we looking for in you?
- A relevant tertiary qualification, with 6+ years’ work experience including a minimum of 2 years in a managerial capacity.
- Experience in providing effective leadership, coaching and mentoring to a team of professionals.
- Strong stakeholder management experience at government and/or community levels.
- Experience in public policy, risk and/or issues management.
- Experience driving community strategic partnerships within a regional setting.
- Campaign and advocacy experience will be highly regarded, and resources sector experience is valued but not essential.
- Pro-active, adaptive and outcome-driven, always taking the necessary steps to achieve set goals and targets.
- Excellent communication and consultation skills for gathering information from key stakeholders and providing clear advice and information to targeted audiences.
- Strong, inclusive people and relationship management skills.
If this sounds like this is the job for you, click “APPLY” to submit your resume and a cover letter addressing the criteria and why you would be a great addition to the CME team.
Please note: While we appreciate your time in applying for this role, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 7 JANUARY 2021