CME’s Economic Competitiveness portfolio is focused on ensuring a globally competitive and stable operating environment that recognises the resources sector as a strategic driver of economic growth and development.
Project & Issues
- Positively influence budget processes and outcomes through reviews and submissions to state and federal government budgeting processes
- Work with government to assist with stable and transparent local government revenue raising policies
- Leading CME’s deregulation agenda across all levels of government, focusing on identifying and reducing unnecessary red tape and regulation
- Prioritising broader economic reform and policies to ensure Western Australia remains an economically competitive and stable place to attract investment and do business
- Dissemination and analysis of data and key messages from CME’s annual Economic Contribution Factsheets focusing on both the direct and indirect contribution of the resources sector across all regions of Western Australia
Economics & Tax Committee
The Economics and Tax Committee considers a broad range of issues primarily focused on reducing the cost of doing business and the economic competitiveness of the resources sector.
The Economics and Tax Committee is supported by the following working group.
- Local Government Ratings Working Group
The Economics and Tax Committee and Groups provide guidance on CME’s participation on a number of external groups:
- Minerals Council of Australia’s (MCA) Taxation Committee
- MCA’s Gold Forum